Digital Medievalist will be holding elections in June 2019 for five positions to its Executive Board. Board positions are for two year terms and incumbents may be re-elected (for a maximum of three terms in a row). Members of the Board are responsible for the overall direction of the organisation and leading the Digital Medievalist’s many projects and programmes. This is a working board, and so it is expected that you are willing and able to commit a little bit of time to helping Digital Medievalist undertake some of its activities (such as helping to run its its journal, conference sessions, etc.).
For more information about the elections, see: https://digitalmedievalist.wordpress.com/elections-2019/
For further information about the Executive and Digital Medievalist more generally please see the DM website, particularly:
- About: https://digitalmedievalist.wordpress.com/about/
- Board Roles: https://digitalmedievalist.wordpress.com/about/board-roles/
- Election Procedures: https://digitalmedievalist.wordpress.com/about/election-procedures/
- Bylaws: https://digitalmedievalist.wordpress.com/about/bylaws/
We are now seeking nominations (including self-nominations) for the annual elections. In order to be eligible for election, candidates must be members of Digital Medievalist (membership is conferred simply by subscription to the organisation’s mailing list, dm-l) and have made some demonstrable contribution either to the DM project (e.g. to the mailing list, or the wiki, etc.), or to the field of digital medieval studies.
If you are interested in running for these positions or are able to recommend a suitable candidate, please contact Lynn Ransom (lransom[AT]upenn.edu) or Greta Franzini (greta.franzini[AT]unicatt.it) who will treat your nomination or enquiries in confidence. The nomination period will close at 23:59 UTC on Saturday, June 8, and voting closes on Monday 1st July 2019, 23:59 GMT.
- Digital Medievalist: http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/
- Journal: http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/journal/
- News: http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/news/
- Wiki: http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/wiki/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/digitalmedieval
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gidI320313760
- Discussion list: email@example.com