Some of you may know people interested in this, please pass it on to them. (Apologies for cross posting)
Project Developer (Maternity Cover) – InfoDev
Grade: Grade 7
Salary: £29,099 – £35,788 – Full-time, 1 year fixed term
This is a 1 year fixed term maternity cover post.
The post is within the Information and Support Group’s
Development Team (InfoDev; http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/infodev/) of the Computing Services. InfoDev is responsible for providing data solutions, undertaking web projects, and delivering research support to the department and the University. Oxford University Computing Services (OUCS; http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/) offers facilities, training, and advice to members of the University in all aspects of academic computing.
Do you have:
* A strong IT background with experience of providing client-facing services?
* A good knowledge of at least one common programming language (e.g Perl, Python, PHP, Java)?
* Some experience with content management systems (e.g. Drupal)?
* A proven track record of both individual and collaborative development work to a specification and deadline?
* An interest in providing intuitive and easy to use web front ends?
* A good understanding of software development technologies and practices?
If so, this may be your opportunity to join a friendly team working on a wide range of data development and web projects. You will be working with other members of the InfoDev team to provide maintenance, troubleshooting and administration for ongoing services as well as developing new bespoke websites and applications to clients’ specifications.
Completed applications must be received by 12 noon on 14 March 2011. Interviews will be held on Thursday 24 March 2011.
For more information please see: