Digital Humanities 2006 took place place at la Sorbonne, Paris, France, July 5-9, 2006.
The joint conference of the Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing and the Association for Computers and the Humanities is the oldest established meeting of scholars working at the intersection of advanced information technologies and the humanities, annually attracting a distinguished international community at the forefront of their fields.
- November 30, 2006: firm deadline for submissions
- February 13, 2006: presenters will be notified of acceptance
Proposed Sessions for 2006
Submissions are invited on all topics concerning humanities computing:
- text analysis, corpora, language processing
- IT in librarianship and documentation
- computer-based research in literary, cultural and historical studies,
- computing applications for the arts, architecture and music
- research issues such as
- information design and modelling
- the cultural impact of the new media
- the role of humanities computing in academic curricula
- Papers. The submission should be of 1500 words maximum. The duration of the paper is 20-25 minutes. Submissions are peer-reviewed.
- Poster presentations and software demonstrations. This is especially suitable for work in progress to be discussed with delegates. Poster presentations will be reviewed on the same criteria as paper presentations.
- Sessions. These can be either 3-paper sessions or panel discussions on a chosen topic. Sessions will be peer reviewed on the same criteria as paper presentations.
Submissions may be in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian, but submissions in languages other than English or French are expected to provide an English summary.
The firm deadline for submissions is November 14, 2006. Presenters will be notified of acceptance February 13, 2006. A limited number of bursaries will be available for young scholars.
A limited number of bursaries will be available for young scholars.
For more information please contact:
- Lisa Lena Opas-Hänninen
- Chair of the International Programme Committee
- Liliane Gallet-Blanchard
- Local Organiser
- http://www.allc-ach2006.colloques.paris-sorbonne.fr Conference website
- http://www.allc-ach2006.colloques.paris-sorbonne.fr/AllcCall.htm Call for papers
- http://www.ach.org/ACH_Archive.shtml Examples of programmes and abstracts from previous conference